My Instrument

 My Instrument 


My main instrument is sitar. I play it with great passion. My favorite sitar player is Anushka Sanker. My only hope is to be a performer like her one day. if explain about the sitar. Sitar stringed instrument of the lute family that is popular in North India, Pakistan and Bangladesh. Typically measuring about 1.2 metres in length, the sitar has a deep pear- shaped gourd body; a long, wide, hollow wooden neck ,both front and side tuning pegs; and 20 arched movable frets. Its stings are metal; there are usually five melody strings, one or two drone strings used to accentuate the rhythm or pulse and as many as 13 sympathetic stings beneath the frets in the neck that are tuned to the notes of the raga. The convex metal frets are tied along the neck, which enables them to be moved as needed.


The sitar often has a resonating gourd under the pegbox end of the neck; this balance the weight of the instrument and helps support it wen it is not being played. Musicians hold the sitar at a 45o angle on there laps while seated. They pluck the strings with a wire plectrum worn on the right forefinger while the left hand manipulates the strings with subtle pressure on or between the frets and with sideways pulls of the strings.

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My favorite Beach

Trincomalee Navy Camp And Museum

Temple Of The Tooth